Collage Art: six feet under


There is a character who is an artist on this show called six feet under, and she creates these masks out of ripped up photos of peoples faces collaged together into a mask. Here is a quote about the piece from the actual artist:
"When I look at my photo work, I think it reflects how we're always managing all these different aspects of our personalities and trying to sort of balance the power of all of our different selves and outlooks. And how we're constantly transforming. I like the sculptures to look like they're morphing, almost. Everything swimming around, as if you're on a cellular level. "
David Meanix- Artist
in terms of my capstone, I just think this collaging is an interesting system to use as a material in sculpture - like large sculptures of shells, for example. I could collage photos of the textures of real shells, or collage the photos of some kind of contrasting imagery...some kind of very unshell-like material...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home