Thursday, September 28, 2006

Seashell Headphones




This is cool. I found an image page by an artist named Alexandra Handal, who is either from the Dominican Republic or Palestine (or both!). It is called "19 Sea Songs," and I am pretty sure it consists of 19 sets of headphones, all fashioned from shells, copper, and silver wire. Unfortunately, their was no info about the installation, but I got the definite feeling from the title of the piece that the artist did not install sounds into the shells, but just let them make their natural ocean sounds.
Check it out here.
So how could I incorporate something from this idea into my own? I fugging love the idea of making headphones out of shells. I would love to do something like this that wouldn't be completely ripping off this woman's concept. Well, I know I could make them more comfortable to wear (haha)! That's not really enough though....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home