Thursday, September 21, 2006

This web pretty much explore the idea I had of doing a project that is illogical. I brainstormed this web with my group, and they really seemed to fixate on the idea of wiring seashells to play unexpected sounds. They combined this with the idea I had of doing art installations in unexpected places....I think they thought it would be cool if you just found a seashell somewhere random, and if you picked it up and put it to your ear it would be a big surprise. I don't know though...I mean, I don't know what the point is of doing this project in the first place. I do kind of like it though..
I also had this idea for a video installation with 2 videos displayed side by side. I'd make time flow fast in one, slow in the other. OR make one right side up the other upside down (like reflections on the front and back of a spoon, or the way things really are vs. the way our eyes see them.) I could time the videos to have interaction between them, i.e. a image of a person could walk off the screen on the right and onto the screen on the left, but would reverse in transition. Could one screen subsist w/o the other? I could have one video appear to be loosing it’s “energy” until some image from the other video flows into it and gives it life again. This transferring back of forth of energy will continue throughout the piece. Tada! hmmm....
I also had this idea to make secret drop boxes and put them up in random places. Then, I would leave sneaky notes around and try to get people involved in trading notes or doing some funny covert ops thru secret dropbox communication. I don't actually really want to do this, but I feel like that thought could be going somewhere...or not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home