I had this idea for a video installation:
What if you put a surveillence camera above the door at the entrance of a room and project that footage onto the facing wall…the person who enters the room can only look at the footage of themselves from behind…overlay other video footage on the wall so it appears as if there’s other people/animals/objects in the room that aren’t. Could also create spots in the room that activate certain footage or sensations. Like, if you were to walk up to the spot where you saw a person, for example, standing in the overlayed footage, I could create certain “sensations” in that spot, e.g. having to do w/ sound, smell, touch…all but sight, as the person is just a projection.
When I come up w/ ideas like this, I have to wonder, what's the point? If it's not going to make some positive impact on our culture or the world is there a reason to be doing it? Or is it even a good idea to begin with? But even if it were, I just go back to the beginning again...What's the Point?
What if you put a surveillence camera above the door at the entrance of a room and project that footage onto the facing wall…the person who enters the room can only look at the footage of themselves from behind…overlay other video footage on the wall so it appears as if there’s other people/animals/objects in the room that aren’t. Could also create spots in the room that activate certain footage or sensations. Like, if you were to walk up to the spot where you saw a person, for example, standing in the overlayed footage, I could create certain “sensations” in that spot, e.g. having to do w/ sound, smell, touch…all but sight, as the person is just a projection.
When I come up w/ ideas like this, I have to wonder, what's the point? If it's not going to make some positive impact on our culture or the world is there a reason to be doing it? Or is it even a good idea to begin with? But even if it were, I just go back to the beginning again...What's the Point?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home